Blockchain Transaction Record
Twenty-two remaining states need to stop taxing medically necessary period products. Nonprofits Period Law and PERIOD. aim to have the tampon tax repeal bills filed in the 22 states by the start of the 2023 state legislative sessions.
Exclusively at Newsworthy.ai — Newsworthy registers every press release distributed through this service on the blockchain so that we can provide verification services and make features such as the self-hosting of press releases available to our customers. The blockchain provides an immutable record of the press releases issued by this service. Immutability gives readers the assurance that the news they are reading has not been altered from the source document that this service distributed. We have shifted the Source of Truth to the blockchain for added protection.
Moving the Source of Truth to the blockchain improves transparency and increases trust between organizations submitting news and readers.
Key Takeaways (TLDR)
- States are aiming to end the tampon tax in 2023 for the first time in U.S. history.
- Period Law supports a complete repeal of the tampon tax to ensure gender equity.
- Bipartisan support for the repeal is growing, and Period Law is leading the legal campaign.
|NWAI Digital Fingerprint||392-728d6814677ad1af5df7f8442007ebaf|
Other Recent Blockchain Registered News for Period Law
- Texas Ends State Sales Tax on Menstrual Products New York, NY (Newsworthy.ai) Tuesday Jun 20, 2023 @ 6:00 AM UTC — The bipartisan bill exempts menstrual products from state sales tax, along with diapers, baby bottles, breastfeeding devices, maternity clothing, and other "family care products.
- Texas House of Representatives Passes Bill to End “Archaic” Tampon Tax New York, NY (Newsworthy.ai) Wednesday Mar 29, 2023 @ 11:20 AM UTC — Backed by the Governor, and under threat of a lawsuit, Texas lawmakers moved closer today to ending the state’s sales tax on menstrual products. The measure will now be taken up by the Senate.